SOCOM Community
To See All the GREAT SOCOM Forums Please register or log in. It's free. Smile If You have your Volume turned up, You will Hear A desription of the website. =D

Hello, Welcome to the SOCOM Community!

HomePortalSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Add a thread for you clan! At the Clan topic in forums Just Leave a reply.

Share | 

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RyanHowat
Admin

PostSubject: FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Topics: (Press Ctrl + F to search)

I.Profile FAQ's
* I.A Avatars FAQ
* I.B Information FAQ
* I.C Account FAQ
* I.D Preferances FAQ
* I.E Signiture FAQ
* I.F Attachments FAQ
* I.G Friends And Foes FAQ

II. Topic FAQ

* II.A How To Add Images
* II.B How to Pimp your post
* II.C How to Make a Poll
* II.D How to add a calander Date
* II.E Uploading Files
* II.F Rateing Post

III. Gallery FAQ

* III.A How to add images
* III.B How To Rate Images

IV. Groups FAQ

* IV.A How to Join Groups
* IV.B Making your OWN Group
* IV.C Overall group FAQ
* IV.D Editing your Group

V. Callander FAQ

* V.A How to make a callander Date
* V.B How To Delete a date
* V.C How to View a Certain Event

VI. Chat FAQ

* VI.A Chat Issuees
* VI.B Chat Smileys

VII. Overall FAQ

* VII.A Warning List
* VII.B Etc.

~~~~~~~~SOCOM~~~~~~~~~~SOCOM~~~~~~~~~~~SOCOM~~~~~~~~~~~~~SOCOM~~~~~~~~~

Profile FAQ

I.A Avatar FAQ

How Do i Get an Animated Avatar?

To get an animated Avatar you need a GIF File UNDER 65 KB Thats less than 1 MB.

My Animated Avatar isn't working! What's with that?

Try Uploading it VIA Facebook/Photobucket and uploading the URL.

I.B Information FAQ

Do I HAVE to enter all this information?

Well, No, BUT It helps people get to know you. I Recommend you at least put your Gender, Birthday, AND Quote

If I put information in my Contact feild, Can people see it?

YES. When you put in anything like that, It shows up.

I.C Account FAQ

My Password isn't working! What do i do?

Check your E-mail and look and see if you have the correct password, If not, Contact Me VIA E-mail

Why can't I Log in?

Have you registered? Seriously, you must register in order to log in. Have you been banned from the board? (A message will be displayed if you have.) If so, you should contact the webmaster or board administrator to find out why. If you have registered and are not banned and you still cannot log in then check and double-check your username and password. Usually this is the problem; if not, contact the board administrator -- they may have incorrect configuration settings for the board.

Why do I Even have to register?

Registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable avatar images, private messaging, emailing to fellow users, usergroup subscription, etc. It only takes a few minutes to register so it is recommended you do so.

My Password needs reset. Will you reset it for me?

There will be a Series of questions i will ask, if you get one wrong then No, If correct i will send you your new password Via E-Mail.

I.D Preferancel FAQ

What Are the preferences?

The Preferances are the Choices where you choose what goes on with your Profile, What people can see and What goes to your E-mail account.

The time isn't right on the site. What do i do to fix this?

The times are almost certainly correct; however, what you may be seeing are times displayed in a timezone different from the one you are in. If this is the case, you should change your profile setting for the timezone to match your particular area. Figure out your UTC.

How Do I Change my Rank?

In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your username in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). Most boards use ranks to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users. For example, moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank -- you will probably find that I will simply lower your post count.

I.E Signature FAQ

How do I add a signature to my post?

To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile. Once created you can check the Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.

I.F Attachments FAQ

What Are Attachments?

Attachments tab Show you how many Attachments you have put online which will show The name of it, And the downloads.

I.G Friends And Foes FAQ

What Are my Friends and Foes?

Your Friends Are people who show up on your profile showing to the public. (Recommended you add your SOCOM Buddies)
Your Foes are people who you hatein on. If you have an enemy Clan, Become a foe of every Member from the clan.

How Do I Add friends/foes?

Press Find a Username and put * To find the username. PLEASE CHECK THIS OCCASINALLY TO APPROVE THE REQUEST.

II Topic FAQ

II.A How To Add Images

Can I Post Photos?

Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML

II.B How To Pimp Your Post

How to I get my text to scrool?

When Making the topic Press Others Then Scrolling. Smile

II.C How to make a poll

How Do I Create A Poll?

Press The Little + Next to Add A Poll on the bottom of Topic Creation

II.D How to add a calander Date

How Do I Create A calander event?

Press The Little + Next to the Calander on topic creation.

II.E Uploading Files

How do I Add a document?

Below the text box press "Browse..." ANd Choose yours File.

Some files won't upload! How other can I upload files?

There is a GREAT website here with FREE Online storage. Make sure anything you want to share is in Public folder, And scrool over file, then press little triangle and Copy Public Link. And post on ur topic. Smile
Goto site HERE

What Files can I Upload?

Well you can upload THESE file types:
3g2, 3gp, bmp, doc, docm, docx, gif, jpg, m4a, m4v, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, pdf, png, pps, ppt, pptm, pptx, swf, tif, txt, wma, wmv, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, zip.

If you do not see your file type, Put your file in a ZIP folder and you can send someone ANY file this way.

II.F Rating Post.

Next to the read only post there is a +/- Button. When you vote a - You get 1 point taken away. When you vote a + You get NO points.

Gallery FAQ

III.A How to add Images.

How do I add Images?

Choose the selected location and look for the Add Pictures Button in top left corner.

III.B How to Rate Images.

How do I rate an Image?

Scrool Down Below the picture and pull down the drop bar. When you vote Below 3 you get 1 point taken away. When you vote 3 or above you get nothing. This is to prevent people Spamming the rates.

IV Groups FAQ

IV.A How to Join Groups

How do I join a group?

To join a usergroup click the usergroup link on the page header (dependent on template design) and you can then view all usergroups. Not all groups are open access -- some are closed and some may even have hidden memberships. If the board is open then you can request to join it by clicking the appropriate button. The user group moderator will need to approve your request; they may ask why you want to join the group. Please do not pester a group moderator if they turn your request down -- they will have their reasons.

IV.B Making your OWN Group

How do I Make My own Private Clan Forum?

Just Leave a request HERE

I don't play SOCOM Online. Can I still have a clan on this website?

Sure! But understand that if a Online clan with the same Tag/Name The Clan WILL be deleted or renamed to allow access for the online clan.

Will you set up a clan if im not the leader/Member?

NO, Clan leader MUST be registered to site to allow Clan to be made WITH proof of clan leadership. (Example, Photo with (L) next to name in roster or a clan invite sent to me, (Won't approve))

IV.C Overall Group FAQ

I Don't see a private clan forum? Where is it?

You Can Only see the private clan forum if you are in the selected clan. To find the private forum you would follow this path. SOCOM Combined Assualt Community > Socom ?? > Clans > *Random clan here* > (Private) *RANDOM CLAN HERE* Forum

IV.D Editing your Group

Can I change My Clan From Closed Group To Open?

NO. This will cause anything in the Private Forum to be visible to anyone.

V Callander FAQ

V.A How to make a calander Date

When making a post, Press The Little + Next to the Calander on topic creation.

V.B Deleteing a date

Edit the post, Scroll down to the calander and replace the numbers with -- 's

V.C How to view A certain Event

How do I View Dates?

To view public Events, Press calander. Events placed in Private Forums will ONLY show up on calanders to Clan members.

VI Chat FAQ

VI.A Chat Issues

I can't Access the Chat!

You May be banned, or you have not waited long enough. Wait 60 seconds to fully connect.

No ones on chat but it says people are on!

This is called chat lag. Give it a max of 2 minutes.

VI.B Chat Smileys

Are the Chat Smileys different than the froum smileys?

Nope. Every Forum smiley is in the chat. Smile

VII Over All FAQ

VII.A Warning List

What Is the Warning list? Why Do we need it?

The Warning List is to keep people in line. We Need it because if not, The site could be shut down.

How Many Warnings do we get?

These are your warnings:

Zero Warnings

1 Warning

2 Warnings

3 warnings

Banned (On 4 warnings)

VII.B Etc.

Theres never anyone online!

Well, This site has Very little advertising, So if you want to see your buddies on here, you're gonna need to invite them! If you are a clan leader it is HIGHLY Recommended that all clan members join. Otherwise whats the point of the Private Forum?

I Sell/Give-away some SOCOM Codes/Tags/Modded disk/Other SOCOM Stuff. Will you set up an ad for me?

Of Course! I will set you up a FREE Advertisment for you. In Fact There is A For sale & a "Want to buy" Forum Currently in contsruction where you can sell your stuff.

This site is missing something... Where can i place my Opinion?

Here We are ALWAYS open to suggestions. You can Place your Opinion/s right HERE

Are you Looking for Moderators?

Well, Yes and no, To Register you must go HERE But I am VERY Picky about who is monitor due to private forums getting leaked.

Last edited by RyanHowat on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
Http://www.facebook.com/RSHowat
RyanHowat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

*EXTRA SPACE TO BE EDITED*
Back to top Go down
RyanHowat
Admin

PostSubject: Its Done!   Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Well After about 4, 5 days of this, the FAQ is FINALY done. (Why did it take 4 days? Because BBC is like binary. Its freaking hard to understand! lol) Add any questions Via Reply and I'll Add em.

GunGunGun Ryan HowatGunGunGun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)   

Back to top Go down

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOCOM Community :: FAQ/Report-
Jump to: